Should be knowledgeable in at least three (3) Telephone Crafts (with emphasis on new and emerging technologies on IP, 3G and NGN to perform installation, preventive and corrective maintenance in any of the following fields:
A. Subscriber Installation & Maintenance (SIM)
1. Install subscribers’ telephone line from DP to instrument, including wirings and its accessories (J-hook, pole clamp, p-clamp, house bracket, line or drop wires, protector, inside wire, connecting block, and grounding system) for all types of company provided telephone instrument.
2. Repair troubles on subscriber lines using standard tools and equipment, following prescribed SOPs and technical standards. Conduct test, trouble isolation, and restores service by replacing defective parts of the subscriber loop, including wires, instruments, protectors, connecting block, or tightening of loose connections.
3. Perform corrective maintenance by:
• Testing all facilities involved from MDF to Instrument.
• Performs change pair if necessary for immediate restoration.
• Repair of minor faults at XCC, DLC, DP and at MDF Horizontal Frame.
4. Coordinate with Main Distribution Frame (MDF), CLRM (SLM) personnel and work groups, as needed, on work development, completion, service order and repair tickets.
5. Conduct preventive maintenance on submitted line/plant assessment by supervisor, to ensure that all installation
and repaired telephone lines are within standard specification set by the Company.
6. Ability to proficiently use Company provided support systems in the dispatching, queuing, staging and closing of repair tickets and service orders.
B. Outside Plant Cable Splicing
1. Ability to perform cable splicing on aerial platform, manhole, and basement of large buildings.
2. Splice aerial, underground and house cables using straight bridge or butt splicing, Install and replace defective DPs.
3. Repair individual cable troubles, and test conductors and cables to ensure proper connections.
4. Coordinate and assist MDF personnel in identifying, testing, and measuring fault locations in the telephone lines with the use of prescribe test equipment. Test and localize Individual Cable Troubles (ICT’s) and Major Cable Troubles (MCT’s).
C. DSL Installation & Maintenance
1. Perform cable parameter testing prior to and during installation and repair as needed, and interpret test results based on accepted PLDT standards.
2. Verify and validate Customer Provided Equipment (CPE) capability based on subscriber requirement.
3. Install/replace defective DSL modem and accessories such as splitter, power adapter, UTP Cat 5 cables, patch cord and telephone line cord.
4. Configure/reconfigure DSL modem as appropriate.
5. Install/re-install DSL software and configure/reconfigure CPE.
6. Perform functional test (speed test, browsing, routing etc.) on newly installed/repaired DSL service.
7. Coordinate with Main Distribution Frame (MDF), CLRM (SLM) personnel and work groups, as needed, on work development, completion, service order and repair tickets.
8. Ability to proficiently use Company provided support systems in the dispatching, queuing, staging and closing of repair tickets and service orders.
D. Central Office Main Distribution Frame (MDF) Servicing
1. Conduct regular test on voice and data lines with reported troubles to isolate and analyze trouble spots.
2. Coordinate with Telecom Engineers of Network Management and Outside Plant personnel regarding installation and/or repair of customer lines and other conditions that may affect the satisfactory operations and maintenance of said lines.
3. Perform wiring and/or jumpering on terminal blocks at the frame for the connection, disconnection and re-connection of customer trunk lines. Performs periodic inspection and cleaning of distribution frame.
4. Perform relative verification of terminal block connections, utilization and assignment of change cable pairs, updates, and change EQN through ICMS.
5. Perform preventive and/or corrective maintenance of subscriber and other ancillary CO equipment (i.e. DLC, PCM, per gain devices, etc.) by monitoring equipment alarms, testing and localizing equipment faults and replacing defective modules.
6. Perform line verification and check line condition of subscriber lines through Network Management Systems.
7. Performs other related tasks as required from time to time.