A. Subscriber Installation & Maintenance (SIM)
1. Install subscribers’ cable line from DP to instrument, including wirings and its accessories (J-hook, pole clamp, p-clamp, house bracket, line or drop wires, protector, inside wire, connecting block, and grounding system) for all types of company provided telephone instrument.
2. Repair troubles on subscriber lines using standard tools and equipment, following prescribed SOPs and technical standards. Conduct test, trouble isolation, and restores service by replacing defective parts of the subscriber loop, including wires, instruments, protectors, connecting block, or tightening of loose connections.
3. Perform corrective maintenance by:
• Testing all facilities
• Performs change pair if necessary for immediate restoration.
4. Conduct preventive maintenance on submitted line/plant assessment by supervisor, to ensure that all installation
and repaired telephone lines are within standard specification set by the Company.
5. Ability to proficiently use Company provided support systems in the dispatching, queuing, staging and closing of repair tickets and service orders.
B. Outside Plant Cable Splicing
1. Ability to perform cable splicing on aerial platform, manhole, and basement of large buildings.
2. Splice aerial, underground and house cables using straight bridge or butt splicing, Install and replace defective DPs.
3. Repair individual cable troubles, and test conductors and cables to ensure proper connections.
C. DSL Installation & Maintenance
1. Perform cable parameter testing prior to and during installation and repair as needed, and interpret test results based on accepted clients standards.
2. Verify and validate Customer Provided Equipment (CPE) capability based on subscriber requirement.
3. Install/replace defective DSL modem and accessories such as splitter, power adapter, UTP Cat 5 cables, patch cord and telephone line cord.
4. Configure/reconfigure DSL modem as appropriate.
5. Install/re-install DSL software and configure/reconfigure CPE.
6. Perform functional test (speed test, browsing, routing etc.) on newly installed/repaired DSL service.
7. Ability to proficiently use Company provided support systems in the dispatching, queuing, staging and closing of repair tickets and service orders.