LEGAL SPECIALIST – NLEXSubmit ResuméLink
- Conduct factual investigation, prepare written interrogatories, compiles data and documents required for filing a case or for filing of responsive pleadings or motions.
- Interviews internal clients to obtain and provide standardized information and maintains contact with clients, external counsels and other attorneys and other individual and agencies concerned with specific cases.
- Prepare witness for trial, prepare written interrogatories in close coordination with the Legal Officer.
- Study and propose legal action or procedure to pursue, if necessary, in connection with a case or matter referred to the Legal Department.
- Appear before quasi-judicial bodies where bar qualification is not a requirement upon instruction and guidance of the Legal Officer.
- Prepare initial draft of pleadings and motions; analyze case facts and recommend and propose legal arguments supported by legal authorities, both local and foreign.
- Prepare initial draft of standard (pro-forma) agreements and conduct initial review of agreements and contracts, indicating and specifying legal implications of contractual
- provisions, and counter-propose alternative provisions.
- Prepare draft responses to legal correspondence.
- Answer simple legal queries using knowledge of the law, jurisprudence and other legal authorities.
- Analyze legal problems and conduct required research and propose a solution or resolution.
- Addresses all matters referred to the Legal Department in the absence of the Legal Officer.
- Graduate of Law, BA major in Legal Management, Political Science, and other allied courses or completed units in Law.
- With 2-3 years work experience with law firms or legal departments of private/public companies or other departments in private/public agencies and companies with exposure to legal related concerns, legal research, legal writing, handling, understanding and analyzing legal documents.
- Excellent legal research, writing and communications skills.
- Familiarity with the general principles of tort / quasi-delict, contract, labor laws and court rules and procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Male/female; with good interpersonal skills.
Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation (MPTC), an investment holding company, engages in the tollways business activities in the Philippines. With proven track record in managing, constructing, and operating toll facilities and expressways. It constructed and operated some of the Philippines’ major expressways such as the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX), Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX), and Manila Cavite Toll Expressway (CAVITEX) toll road facilities.
Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation is a subsidiary of Metro Pacific Investments Corporation. MPTC has lined up a number of Public-Private Partnership (PPP) projects and expansion projects in a bid to boost infrastructure and development programs and support the traffic decongestion initiatives of the Philippine government. Among the PPP Projects in the pipeline are the NLEX-SLEC Connector Road, the Cavite-Laguna Expressway (CALAEX), and the C5 South Link, to link expressways in the North and the South.
A partner in nation-building, MPTC’s infrastructure investment has expanded to the Visayas-Mindanao region with the Cebu-Cordova Link Expressway and ASEAN, specifically in Vietnam and Thailand. Notably, we have a significant stake in three major infrastructure companies in the ASEAN Region: A 49.3% share in PT Nusantara Infrastructure of Indonesia; a 44.94% share in CII Bridges & Roads of Vietnam; and a 29.45% share in Don Muang Tollway Public Company Limited of Thailand.
Through these recent entries into the ASEAN, we have made available our highly developed experience and expertise in building tollroad infrastructure and managing tollways operations to our neighboring countries, along with our global standards in systems and our well-trained and dedicated executive talent.
Be part of our next move to progress and share the ambition of transforming lives through unparalleled road infrastructures with us.