LEGAL ASSISTANT – NLEXSubmit ResuméLink
- Develop, organize and maintain records/filing systems for cases involving TMC and MNTC, which includes, but not limited to, securing copies of Transcript of Stenographic
- Notes of hearings, resolutions, orders and decisions issued by judicial, quasi-judicial and administrative bodies.
- Track and monitor status of pending cases and updates electronic system for status of cases; enters and retrieves case information using appropriate computer based data base system.
- Summarize and prepare regular reports requiring the extraction of database information.
- Research laws and jurisprudence relevant to the operations of and area of business of the company and summarizes or digests and reports the same to the Legal Officer.
- Research, summarizes and digests laws or jurisprudence in connection with a legal query, case or request for copy of said law or jurisprudence.
- Coordinates and follows up with external counsel for CMD-Legal requirement (eg.
- Evidentiary, supporting documents, background information, contacting witnesses) for cases or matters referred to them for handling.
- File pleadings, motions, other required judicial or quasi-judicial documentation by personal service, or substituted service.
- Drafts simple legal documents, such as, affidavits, standard/boiler plate Deed of Sale.
- Receives and calendars responses to all pleadings, motions and incoming documents, coordinate and maintain schedules.
- Draft letters, case referrals or requests for legal opinions.
- Maintain directory of contacts of the department and establish rapport with the contact persons.
- Graduate of BA major in Legal Management, Political Science, and other allied courses.
- With one (1) year work experience in law firms or legal departments of private/public companies or other departments in public/private agencies and companies with exposure in the areas of legal research and legal writing, handling and analysis of legal documentation.
- Excellent legal research, writing and communications skills.
- Familiarity with the general principles law, court rules and procedures.
- Has the ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Male/female; with good interpersonal skills.
Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation (MPTC), an investment holding company, engages in the tollways business activities in the Philippines. With proven track record in managing, constructing, and operating toll facilities and expressways. It constructed and operated some of the Philippines’ major expressways such as the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX), Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX), and Manila Cavite Toll Expressway (CAVITEX) toll road facilities.
Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation is a subsidiary of Metro Pacific Investments Corporation. MPTC has lined up a number of Public-Private Partnership (PPP) projects and expansion projects in a bid to boost infrastructure and development programs and support the traffic decongestion initiatives of the Philippine government. Among the PPP Projects in the pipeline are the NLEX-SLEC Connector Road, the Cavite-Laguna Expressway (CALAEX), and the C5 South Link, to link expressways in the North and the South.
A partner in nation-building, MPTC’s infrastructure investment has expanded to the Visayas-Mindanao region with the Cebu-Cordova Link Expressway and ASEAN, specifically in Vietnam and Thailand. Notably, we have a significant stake in three major infrastructure companies in the ASEAN Region: A 49.3% share in PT Nusantara Infrastructure of Indonesia; a 44.94% share in CII Bridges & Roads of Vietnam; and a 29.45% share in Don Muang Tollway Public Company Limited of Thailand.
Through these recent entries into the ASEAN, we have made available our highly developed experience and expertise in building tollroad infrastructure and managing tollways operations to our neighboring countries, along with our global standards in systems and our well-trained and dedicated executive talent.
Be part of our next move to progress and share the ambition of transforming lives through unparalleled road infrastructures with us.