The QMS Manager is in charge for the development of the quality system and assumes responsibility for on-going system maintenance and effectiveness in the operations of different departments of the hospital.
1. Ensure that processes needed for the Quality Management System (QMS) are established, implemented and maintained.
2. Report to top management on the performance of the QMS and any need for improvement.
3. Ensure the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.
4. Liaise with the external assessment body on all matters related to the external accreditation process.
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Ensure that a document control procedure is adopted to approve, review and update all changes to critical documents within the scope of the QMS.
2. Ensure that records are established and maintained to provide evidence that the QMS is being followed and that there is a system in place for the identification, storage, protection, retrieval, retention time and disposition of such records.
3. Ensure that the performance of the QMS is reviewed at planned intervals to ensure its continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness. This review means assessing opportunities for improvement and the need for changes to the QMS.
4. Ensure that Quality Objectives are set by top management for measuring the performance of the QMS and that these are regularly reviewed.
5. Ensure that all new staff are inducted into the requirements of the QMS related to their own roles and responsibilities.
6. Ensure that top management undertakes periodic but regular assessments of customer satisfaction and those consequent improvements are identified and implemented.
7. Ensure that an internal audit programme is adopted to verify that the QMS conforms to planned arrangements
8. Analyze data on the effectiveness of the QMS and evaluate where continual improvements of the QMS can be made. This shall include data generated as a result of monitoring and measurement and from other relevant sources.
9. Coordinate continual improvements of the QMS, ensuring that evidence of corrective and preventive actions taken are recorded and reviewed.