USRN Shift Manager (Quezon City)Submit ResuméLink
Shift Management Function:
- Accountable for the shift operations.
- Ensures execution of contingency and disaster recovery plans.
- Ensures Contact Center meets productivity standards and client service levels are met or exceeded.
- Reviews and analyzes productivity reports prepared by the team leaders before the reports are submitted to the Operations Manager.
- Submits periodic productivity/service performance reports to the Operations Manager.
- Prepares the schedule /Team Leaders assignments to ensure that all operational hours are supervised.
- Regularly conducts dialogues, communication sessions with agents/front liners (skip meetings).
- Ensures that workplace is safe, conducive, and a healthy working environment.
- Implements floor management policies in order to ensure adherence to service level agreements between clients.
- Coordinates with workforce with regards to approval/disapproval of request for unscheduled leaves and tardiness and the necessary adjustments to schedules of available manpower in order to meet requirements.
- Ensures preparation of client required reports and makes necessary endorsements to ensure that deadlines for submission of reports are met.
- Be able to analyze and recommend measures in order to meet set metrics based on trends.
- Ensures all team monitor service calls to observe employee’s demeanor, technical accuracy, and conformity to company policies.
- Be able to ensure that operations run smoothly on a daily basis.
- Be able to coordinate with Workforce to ensure Service Levels and program goals are met.
- Recommends corrective services within client limits to adjust customer complaints.
- Answers questions about service to Shift Managers and Team Leaders and works to develop so repeat questions do not arise.
- Strives to help the entire team when in need of assistance.
Quality Management/Standards Compliance Function:
- Conducts performance reviews and appraisals for Team Leaders (monthly/midyear/yearly).
- Reviews preliminary investigation of disciplinary cases and approves/disapproves/escalates disciplinary actions in adherence to the provisions of the Company Code of Conduct.
- Conducts regular inter and intradepartmental operations, feedback, action planning, meetings for dissemination of policies and products, hardware issues, troubleshooting, review of status reports, etc.
- Participates in the development of contingency plans, escalation procedures, and disaster recovery plans.
- Regularly reviews staffing requirements, actual headcount vs. budget, and requisitions for manpower when necessary.
- Ensures implementation of customer complaint escalation and turnaround time for complaint resolution to meet service level agreements.
- Participates in the preparation of the department’s annual business plan and budget to support HGS’ objectives and goals.
- Ensures operation’s compliance with the client’s requirements and policies.
- Provides recommendations in the setting of call center systems parameters.
- Be able to implement action plans to ensure alignment between the other support groups.
- Be able to communicate as needed with other departments within the Contact Center about operational and personnel needs.
Help out for/from other groups
- Be able to analyze situation arises outside the established guidelines or parameters and be able to evaluate such situation for impact on present.
- Be able to give recommendations and implement these recommendations once approved to ensure process improvement in order to help the program achieve its goals.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates. Informs all parties when system is not working effectively.
- Works with call center Director to develop better ways for system to improve quality.
- Be able to be responsible in the performance of his/her team.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of policies and procedures pertaining to HIPAA and ensures the center is in compliance with Privacy Rules Standard.
Staff Development Function:
- Be able to provide bi-monthly one-on-one coaching and feedback to drive performance and reduce cost.
- Be able to provide immediate coaching regarding TL or team performance when the need arises using documented personal observations or critical incidences to improve TL and team performance.
- Be able to ensure timely and accurate communication regarding updates to team leaders.
- Be able to initiate and support all employee satisfaction and workplace programs.
- Disciplines and creates incentives for all staff in conjunction with meeting performance measurements.
- Be able to answer questions about service to the Team Leaders.
- Be able to recommend and apply corrective measures for staff members who do not meet minimum performance metrics.
- Be able to monitor key performance indicators within and across teams to assure that standards are met across the board.
- Be able to work with Team Leaders to resolve concerns of agents as well as their own.
- Be able to follow-up personnel issues (e.g. Payroll, HR, etc) as reported by TLs.
- Be able to meet with TLs at least once a week to discuss program and team performance and share best practices.
- Be able to ensure TLs submit accurate and timely reports (ex. Coaching logs, performance review, etc).
- Be able to create specific Individual Development Plans for TLs over a given period of time to prepare them to the next level.
- Be able to file accurate and timely agent coaching logs from TLs.
- Be able to file the weekly / monthly team performance reviews.
- Be able to implement programs to ensure high levels of Quality.
- Be able to develop initiatives to optimize results.
- Be able to partner with other Shift Managers to share / implement best practices.
- Be able to monitor team performance in Chronicle on a daily basis.
- Submit weekly and monthly team operations review to Operations Manager.
- Perform tasks assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Prepare composite reports from the individual reports of subordinates.
- Communicate as needed with other departments within the Contact Center about operational and personnel issues.
- Interviews and staffs supervisor team.
- Handle the overall project, Budgeting & Financials, Strategies to improve teams KPIs, SPOC for the client relations, profitability of the project, Planning & Process improvements.
- Protects the organization’s assets by upholding the principles of the Quality Information Security Management System (QISMS).
- Ensures confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information critical to fulfilling the organization’s business functions.
- Remain compliant with the relevant business, local and international regulatory and legislative requirements particularly the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- At least 3 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree, Post Graduate Diploma / Master's Degree on Marketing, Nursing, Psychology.
- Preferably Manager specializing in BPO/Call Center or equivalent.
With Moderate Competency Level in the ff.:
- US Healthcare Delivery System
- Philippine Healthcare Delivery System
- Communication Skills (Spoken)
- Communications Skills (Written)
- Customer Service Orientation
- Computer Literacy
- Job Knowledge
- Sense of Urgency
- Passion for Excellence
- Working in Team/Interpersonal Skills
- Work Organization
- People Management/Team Orientation
- Drive for Results/Execution
- Thriving in Change
- Expertise/Analytical Skills
- Product Knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Presentation Skills
- Facilitation Skills
- Process Improvement
- Performance Management
- Discipline Management
Education and/or Experience:
- College degree in Nursing Management, Marketing or Psychology. 3 years customer service experience, 2 years leadership skills. Strong workforce management and Human Resource background.
- English, additional language a plus. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- MS Office.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Preferably, with an Active US/ Philippines Certified Registered Nurse (RN) license.
- The work environment is professional, office. Business casual attire.
- May require weekend or evening work.
- Location: Quezon City, NCR.
- Full Time position(s) are available.
HGS is a leader in optimizing the customer experience and helping our clients to become more competitive. HGS provides a full suite of business process management services from marketing and digital enablement services, consumer interaction services to platform enabling back office business services. By applying analytics and interaction transformation design to deliver innovation and thought leadership, HGS increases revenue, improves operating efficiency and helps to retain valuable customers. HGS expertise spans the telecommunications and media, healthcare, insurance, banking, consumer electronics and technology, retail, consumer packaged goods industries, as well as the public sector. HGS operates on a global landscape with about 40,000 employees in 65 worldwide locations delivering localized solutions. HGS, part of the multi-billion dollar Hinduja Group, has over four decades of experience working with some of the world's most recognized brands.
- Healthcare Associates - CSR (Quezon City)
- Healthcare Benefits Representative (Customer Service Representative)
- Healthcare Call Specialists (Customer Service Representative)
- Japanese Speaking Agents (CSR)
- Product Trainer for a Health and Wellness Account (Alabang)
- Team Leader for a Health and Wellness Account (Alabang)