Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation
Line and Grade Engineer/ Inspector
A . BASIC JOB INFORMATION
Location/Workstation : Main/Site Office or as Designated/ Assigned
Reports To : Supervisor/ Manager
Direct Reports (if any) : Internal Field Engineer (indirectly); Contractor’s Site Engineer/ Representative
Shall be responsible for assisting the Manager – Lines and Grade in the establishment of controls, obtaining the complete survey data record and preparation of all survey requirements/activities of the project. Shall see to it that all surveying works are in accordance with the standard plans, drawings and specifications.
Conduct daily inspection and monitor whole construction project (from as-stake to as-built and punch listing to reconciliation sign-off and inventory) ensuring conformity to approved plans and specifications. In accordance to the right quality and work methodology/workmanship. Prepare and submit daily progress/status report and other relevant reports. To submit all records of measurements/ quantity calculations to the supervisor and or to any specific disciplineas required by the immediate superior.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Inspectors in all technical aspects in connection with lines and grade control of the project accordance with the plans and specifications
- Ensure proper procedures are observed at the field and proper guidelines for taking the vertical and horizontal controls of any roadworks, structures and building works are performed during the construction period.
- Ensure that the guidelines for the surveying project are constantly followed.
- Monitors the accuracy of the Contractor’s surveying instruments and all equipment required for the proper construction of all Project components.
- Prepares and submit relevant regular surveying reports.
- To study and conduct inspection and monitoring of the whole construction project in order to ensure conformance to the plans specifications and construction methodology required.
- To assist in the interpretation of drawings and specifications
- Prepare and update progress monitoring chart and weather chart of construction project.
- Prepare a raw data of daily inspection reports of the Contractor’s activities and work progress by maintaining daily log.
- Assist the contractor’s surveyor or survey representative in undertaking field surveys to ensure that measurements accurately reflect the requirements.
- To check and coordinate to other line functions i.e. QA/QC Sections,Quantity Surveyor Cost Engineer etc., any prerequisites before any subsequent work is started.
- Record and monitor all actual information in accordance to the drawings and specifications for the purpose of measurement, before, during and after any work execution.
- To take photo progressively and regularly (before-during-after work execution) indicating the design value against actual value inspected by using any measuring tool applicable and written to a white board (2’-3’) the section inspected and protographed.
- To keep regular record of any such particulars of labor, plant, equipment and materials used and any circumstances that may be relevant to claims or change orders.
- Maintain and implement basic safety awareness and quality control with regular coordination of the overall Site Safety Officer and Quality Control Head.
- Perform other related activities as required/instructed by the immediate superior from time to time.
- At least 3 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree, Professional License (Passed Board/Bar/Professional License Exam) on Engineering (Civil).
- Preferably Junior Executive specializing in Engineering - Civil/Construction/Structural or equivalent.
- Education (Major/Courses): BS Civil Engineering or Geodetic Graduate
- Licences/Certificates: Licensed Civil Engineer or Geodetic Engineer
- Work Experience (Overall employment, Specific experience): Minimum of three to five (3-5) years of work experience in roads, bridges and buildings construction project.
Digital Surveying Instruments
Establishment of As-Stake Line and Grade, Profiling and Topography
Quantity and Cost Estimating
Manpower Handling and Motivating
Familiar/ Understanding to various standards i.e ASTM, AASTHO, JIS, AUS, BS etc
Computer literate to MS Word, Excel, Office, Powerpoint, CAD, and other work relevant softwares.
- Location: Pampanga, Central Luzon.
- Contract position(s) are available.
- Number of vacancies: 1.