Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation
BASIC JOB INFORMATION
Location/Workstation : Site Office
Reports To : Project Manager
Direct Reports (if any) : All Section Head
The Project Engineer is technically and administratively in-charge of ensuring that the construction activities are being done in accordance with the Project’s Key Performance Indicators – Time, Cost and Quality. He will report directly to the Project Manager (PM) and in the absence of the PM, the Project Engineer will act and perform the duties and responsibilities delegated by the PM. Among the concurrent responsibilities of the Project Engineer is the supervision of the roadworks and structural works of the project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the technical and financial goals of the project are achieved in accordance with the company’s KPIs and the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Review periodically the progress, quality and cost control of the project.
- Review and evaluate updated construction progress monitoring chart.
- Review and evaluate disbursement schedule based on the project schedule.
- Ensure that the project is constructed in accordance with the specification, terms of reference, employer’s requirements and other contract documents.
- Day-to-day supervision and direction of all roadway inspection activities.
- Enforcement of the plans and specifications for quality workmanship in the structural works of the project.
- Review and recommend action to the Project Manager with regards to methods of construction proposed by the contractor.
- Ensure the availability of contractor’s resources (manpower, equipment and materials) required for the construction activities. Review and recommend approval of the contractor’s work plan, the number of suitable key personnel, as well as the equipment adequacy.
- Check, recommend for approval and ensure the timely processing of the Contract’s progress and final billings and variation orders, if any, in coordination with the Office Engineer.
- Review and recommend actions with regards to requests for change order and render impartial interpretations of the Contract Documents when claims arise between the parties of the contract in coordination with the Office Engineer and Contract Administrator.
- Review and recommend approval of as-built drawings.
- Review monthly progress reports, certificate of completion and final reports for submission to the management.
- Performance of the other related project tasks Project Manager may assign from time to time.
- At least 5 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Candidate must possess at least a Professional License (Passed Board/Bar/Professional License Exam) on Engineering (Civil).
- Preferably Senior Executive / Supervisor specializing in Engineering - Civil/Construction/Structural or equivalent.
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
Licensed Civil Engineer
Work Experience (Overall employment, Specific experience):
Minimum of five (5) years of work experience in horizontal and vertical construction (roads, bridges, highways, buildings etc.) or ten (10) years of combined design and field expertise as Project Engineer
Computer literate (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office, MS Powerpoint and other related software)
- Location: Valenzuela City, NCR.
- Contract position(s) are available.
- Number of vacancies: 1.