- At least 1 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree on Communications/PR, Education/Teaching/Training.
- Preferably Junior Executive specializing in Education / Academe or equivalent.
Coordinates and monitors preproduction activities with the objective of ensuring that manuscripts conform to established standards and are received and turned over on or before agreed upon deadlines
- Trains and orients authors regarding editorial standards and processes and on the design and development of manuscripts conforming to set standards
- Prepares presentations and materials for orientation and trainings of ESS
- Evaluates authors’ performance and recommends them to become members of Authors Guild.
- Monitors progress of manuscript generation and submissions of ESS
- Liaises with authors to establish, solicit, and maintain understanding and cooperation
- Bachelor's degree in Secondary Education, Journalism or Mass Communication
- At least 1 year relevant experience
- Must have knowledge of the other requirements of the Philippine education system, K to 12 curriculum and status of local academic publishing industry
- Location: Makati City, NCR.
- Full Time position(s) are available.
- Number of vacancies: 1.
Diwa Learning Systems Inc (Diwa), a subsidiary of First Asia Venture Capital*, is the leading publisher of print and digital educational resources in the country today. Diwa is a multi-awarded and innovative provider of educational solutions with an extensive distribution network across the Philippines.
The company started when it acquired the rights to publish Bato Balani for Science and Technology, a supplementary magazine for high school students. Not long after, the company began producing Salaguinto, a counterpart science magazine for grade school students. The success of these magazines encouraged Diwa to expand its product offerings to magazines and textbooks for all the subject areas in basic education.
As a response to the needs of the 21st century, Diwa started integrating Information and Communications Technology (ICT)to their products as early as 10 years ago. And in a bold and pioneering move, they have introduced their flagship digital product to Philippine schools: Genyo e-learning, the country's first fully integrated and only learning management system for basic education with content available for English, Math, Science, Filipino, and Araling Panlipunan.
Today, Diwa develops all of its digital and printed products with the conscious effort to teach 21stcentury skills, moving from "learning how to use technology" to "using technology to learn". Also, all of its printed resources are available in electronic format, making teaching and learning possible anytime, anywhere, and virtually on any device.
Diwa's wide array of products allows the company to offer customizable solutions that make 21st century learning possible for every Philippine school.