ONLINE EDITOR (Part-time/Full-time; Office-based)Submit ResuméLink
The Online Editor will proofread the essays submitted by students of Avalon English in Korea. This position doesn't require a fixed working shift. Editors may report to work anytime of the day as long as it's between 7:00AM-11:00PM. The Online Editors directly report to the Team Leader of the Writing Team.
• Proofread the submitted essays of the students of Avalon Edunet Plus
• Provide corrections, comments & encouragement
• Score the students' essays based on the editing guidelines set by Avalon Edunet Plus
• Relevant work experience gained as an editor, proofreader, copywriter, language assistant or summer language school tutor is an advantage
• Preferably graduates of a Bachelor's/College Degree in Journalism, Education/Teaching/Training, Linguistics/Languages, Communications, Literature, or equivalent.
• TOEIC/TOEFL certification is an advantage but not a must
• Above average English written communication skills
• Accepts coaching and work output criticism positively
• Can work under pressure with minimum supervision
• Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledgeable about proofreading guidelines is an advantage
• Willing to work in Mandaluyong City
• Amenable to work in an office-based job
• Applicant must be willing to undergo training for one week straight, 9:00AM-6:00PM
Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
Applicants may send their resumes to our recruitment email: email@example.com
Indicate APPLICATION FOR ONLINE EDITOR on the subject line.
We also accept walk-ins. We accommodate applicants from Monday to Friday, 9:00AM-3:00PM. Bring 1 valid ID and your updated resume.
WHY JOIN US?
• Avalon English Plus is a top tier company with thousands of students enrolled throughout the Republic of Korea
• A strict Monday–Friday working week is followed with no overtime required
• A PEZA-certified institution, Avalon Edunet Plus fully adheres to all labor laws of the Philippines
• We have around a hundred professional Filipino educators, editors, trainers and quality assurance specialists which make us a reliable distance education provider for Korean clients
You may check out our Facebook page for more information about the company, other job vacancies and company events.
- Candidate must possess at least a Some College (But did not graduate), Bachelor's/College Degree, Post Graduate Diploma / Master's Degree on any course.
- Preferably Fresh / Entry Level specializing in Journalism or equivalent.
- Location: Mandaluyong City, NCR.
- Full Time, Part Time position(s) are available.
Avalon Edunet Plus is the Philippine branch of Avalon English Plus, the Republic of Korea’s premier after-school private learning institution. In August 2008, Avalon Edunet Plus was strategically founded in one of the prime business districts in Manila as a distance teaching education company that is committed to provide the best ESL and home education to primary and secondary school students enrolled in Avalon programs throughout Korea; handling multiple programs specifically created to meet the needs of students of all abilities. We take pride in the reputation for excellence our programs and instructors have received, and we look forward to building upon this success with our continued, vital partnership with our locally-based workforce.
WHY JOIN US?
- Avalon English Plus is a top tier company with thousands of students enrolled throughout the Republic of Korea.
- A PEZA-certified institution, Avalon Edunet Plus fully adheres to all labor laws of the Philippines.
- Our staffing policies focus on internal advancement and promotion.
- Company outings, special holiday celebrations, etc. are all standard practice.
- We have around a hundred professional Filipino educators, editors, trainers and quality assurance specialists which make us a reliable distance education provider for Korean clients.