IT Global Linux EngineerSubmit ResuméLink
This position is part of the team responsible for globally supporting the company’s server and systems infrastructure. The main essence of the role is to support and maintain existing platforms through proactive and reactive maintenance, investigation into solution improvements, and new projects.
The ideal candidate will have experience in an extensive range of technologies. Critical skills are Microsoft Windows (Server 2008, 2012), AD (2008), VMware (5.0 and higher) and intensive troubleshooting skills. These should be supplemented by a number of other in depth of technologies/solutions such as (not a complete list): Linux, scripting, SQL, IIS, RDS, Hyper-V, proxy (Squid and ISA), antivirus and virus removal, PCI, system design, security, GPO, networking, application interoperability (e.g. how an application works between the end user and the back end servers) and more.
Main components of the role
- Provide day to day support for the server environment through preventative maintenance (e.g. patching) and reactive fault finding / break-fix actions
- Implement changes as directed
- Work on projects alone and as part of a wider team
- Follow documented processes, and create documents for new ones
- Monitor performance of applications and servers
- Work with users to understand problems
Candidates will share responsibility for the integration, implementation and technical leadership in TWW projects.
- Ensure production systems are operational and working correctly
- Implement scheduled changes to the production environment
- Performance monitoring
- Take part in rosters to provide support across multiple time zones.
We want to make your Transcom experience extra special so take advantage of these great benefits once you work with us:
- We've got you covered! HMO coverage from day one (1) of employment.
- Shuttle service to all employees - safe, comfortable and FREE! With a wide coverage of pick-up/drop-off points.
- Your meal is on us! We offer FREE MEALS to all employees with perfect attendance through our Transcom Rewards card.
- No nanny? No worries! We have a child care facility with onsite nurses to take care of your little ones while at work!
- Health is wealth! We've also got an on-site pharmacy to cater to your medical and nutritional needs on top of the many health and wellness programs we implement for the benefit of all employees.
- Mutual savings benefit for employees in order to help you save and prepare for your future. On top of a separate retirement plan that the company also offers, this voluntary savings scheme allows eligible employees to save 2-10% of their monthly basic salary. Tenured employees have the opportunity to increase their savings through the matching company contribution. Thus, the longer an employee stays with Transcom, the bigger the opportunity for bigger savings.
- Buy books and school supplies at a discounted rate through our partnership with the leading bookstore company in the Philippines.
- Plus a lot more perks when you join our Transcom family.
- At least 3 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree on any course.
- Preferably Senior Executive / Supervisor specializing in BPO/Call Center or equivalent.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 7 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications / qualifications appropriate for key skills (e.g. Windows 2008, AD, Vmware)
- High level English speaking and writing skills.
- At least 4 years’ experience working in technical teams with responsibilities for supporting and maintaining servers, at least 2 of which should be as a senior engineer
- Knowledge and experience of working in a high pressure project delivery environment
IT Knowledge and Experience:
- Candidates MUST have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in the following areas:
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Windows 2008/2012 / AD 2008 (including GPOs, troubleshooting, installation, upgrading etc) / VMware (troubleshooting, advanced configuration, etc)
- Good understanding of TCP/IP LANs and WANs (routing and switching),
- Understanding across a range of other skills such as IIS, Hyper-V, Symantec backup/antivirus solutions, licensing/license management (Microsoft, 3rd party solutions) DFS, storage, SAN, SCCM, Altiris, NAS, HP and Dell hardware
- Understand the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Exposure to PCI DSS and related systems security policies ideal.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in both a business and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Rotating shifts with the requirement for off-hours availability
- 40-hour on-site work week with on-call availability.
- Occasional lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects such as servers and documentation binders.
- Possible short-term deployment to local remote sites within the Asia region for maintenance, projects and etc.
Experience gained working in a Call Centre / Business Process Outsourcer, or similarly high pressure and results driven environment.
- Location: Mandaluyong City, NCR.
- Full Time position(s) are available.
- Number of vacancies: 2.
Transcom is a global employer in an industry that depends on strong, resourceful, talented people. We are a results-focused company. Your progress will be determined by your talent and your contribution to the success of your team and our business.
In return for commitment, hard work and talent, we offer competitive salaries and benefits, high-quality training and opportunities to forge a career in a progressive, client-focused business.
Our goal is that every employee becomes their own best motivator, and that management's role in this area is to foster a culture of motivation that is effective in the long term.