Data ScientistSubmit ResuméLink
The primary role of this position will be to help Transcom analyze trends to make better decisions and incorporate predictive modeling into the impact of those decisions. This role entails the analysis of large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve the processes and operations in Transcom. This position should build data products to extract valuable business insight and propose based on trend analysis recommendations. The role is highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math, and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. The role requires a passion for machine-learning and research as well as keeping up-to- date with the latest technology trends
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes incorporating data into centralized BI system
- Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data. Devise and utilize algorithms and models to mine big data stores, perform data and error analysis to improve models, and clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy
- Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis
- Execute analytical experiments methodically to help solve various problems and make a true impact across the organization
- Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns, interpreting data with a clear objective in mind
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges based on trend analysis and predictive models
Data Reporting and Presentation
- Devise and utilise algorithms and models to mine big data stores, perform data and error analysis to improve models, and clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy
- Present information using data visualization techniques
We want to make your Transcom experience extra special so take advantage of these great benefits once you work with us:
- HMO coverage from day one (1) of employment.
- Free shuttle service to all employees with wide coverage of pick-up/drop-off points.
- Free meals to all employees with perfect attendance through our Transcom Rewards card.
- Child care facility with onsite nurses to take care of your little ones while you are at work.
- On-site pharmacy to cater to your medical and nutritional needs on top of the many health and wellness programs we implement for the benefit of all employees.
- Mutual savings benefit for employees in order to help you save and prepare for your future. On top of a separate retirement plan that the company also offers, this voluntary savings scheme allows eligible employees to save 2-10% of their monthly basic salary. Tenured employees have the opportunity to increase their savings through the matching company contribution. Thus, the longer an employee stays with Transcom, the bigger the opportunity for bigger savings.
- Buy books and school supplies at a discounted rate through our partnership with the leading bookstore company in the Philippines.
- Plus a lot more perks when you join our Transcom family.
- At least 5 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree on any course.
- Preferably Top Level Management specializing in BPO/Call Center or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, applied mathematics, or related discipline
- 5+ years experience in data science
- Proficiency with data mining, mathematics, and statistical analysis Advanced pattern recognition and predictive modelling experience
- Experience with Google Cloud data analytics is an asset
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, SQL, and programming languages (i.e., Java/Python, SAS)
- Comfort working in a dynamic, research-oriented group with several on-going concurrent projects
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Interest in and understanding of the business, its strategies, its people and its organisational structures
- Self-motivated with great initiative and highly independent
- Open, sensitive and experienced in understanding cultural differences and national/regional characteristics
- Ability to work under pressure
- Has the ability to articulate issues and work with business leaders and senior management
- Location: Mandaluyong City, NCR.
- Full Time position(s) are available.
- Number of vacancies: 1.
Transcom is a global employer in an industry that depends on strong, resourceful, talented people. We are a results-focused company. Your progress will be determined by your talent and your contribution to the success of your team and our business.
In return for commitment, hard work and talent, we offer competitive salaries and benefits, high-quality training and opportunities to forge a career in a progressive, client-focused business.
Our goal is that every employee becomes their own best motivator, and that management's role in this area is to foster a culture of motivation that is effective in the long term.