- At least 1 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree on Education/Teaching/Training.
- Preferably Junior Associate (1-4 yrs experience) specializing in Education / Academe or equivalent.
Responsible for copy editing manuscripts and validating proofs according to set standards of quality and the timely submission of error-free Image-setter-ready files (IRFs) of textbooks, teacher’s manuals, and other related instructional materials
- Edits manuscripts for style, mechanics of the language, completeness of prescribed unit/chapter and lesson components, consistency of chapter/lesson format, and correspondence of teacher’s manual content with the textbook
- Identifies and resolves problems on consistency of format, completeness of components, appropriateness of discussion and exercises, accuracy and completeness of answer keys through queries to the author
- Participates in meetings with authors and reviewers to resolve problems on manuscripts
Ensures that corrections on succeeding proofs are accurately and completely implemented
- Bachelor's degree in Secondary Education or Masws Communication
- At least two (2) years expereience as Editor preferably gained in an Educational Publishing
Editing, proof-reading, writing, computer literate, public relations, research, DTP, time management and organizational skills
An understanding of the Philippine educational system, publishing process.
- Location: Makati City, NCR.
- Full Time position(s) are available.
- Number of vacancies: 2.
Diwa Learning Systems Inc (Diwa), a subsidiary of First Asia Venture Capital*, is the leading publisher of print and digital educational resources in the country today. Diwa is a multi-awarded and innovative provider of educational solutions with an extensive distribution network across the Philippines.
The company started when it acquired the rights to publish Bato Balani for Science and Technology, a supplementary magazine for high school students. Not long after, the company began producing Salaguinto, a counterpart science magazine for grade school students. The success of these magazines encouraged Diwa to expand its product offerings to magazines and textbooks for all the subject areas in basic education.
As a response to the needs of the 21st century, Diwa started integrating Information and Communications Technology (ICT)to their products as early as 10 years ago. And in a bold and pioneering move, they have introduced their flagship digital product to Philippine schools: Genyo e-learning, the country's first fully integrated and only learning management system for basic education with content available for English, Math, Science, Filipino, and Araling Panlipunan.
Today, Diwa develops all of its digital and printed products with the conscious effort to teach 21stcentury skills, moving from "learning how to use technology" to "using technology to learn". Also, all of its printed resources are available in electronic format, making teaching and learning possible anytime, anywhere, and virtually on any device.
Diwa's wide array of products allows the company to offer customizable solutions that make 21st century learning possible for every Philippine school.