OJT - Migration Health DivisionSubmit ResuméLink
Under the overall supervision of Migration Health Informatics Manager and under the direct supervision of Migration Health Informatics Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible in assisting in global support to IOM's field operations, while learning about migration-related health services and travel assistance provided to migrants worldwide.
- Assist in data processing, production of online and offline visibility materials, documentation of data management procedures, and testing usability of medical software and related products.
- Currently pursuing university degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with one year of relevant professional experience.
- Computer literacy including proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
For this position, fluency in English is required.
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link. https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
How to apply:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience or a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please visit https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/vacancy/MAC/iom-personal-history-form1.xlsx
Interested applicants may send their applications to email@example.com no later than 17 October 2019. OJT and Position Title (OJT – MHD-MHI) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
*The position offers Php 200 allowance per day, with normal working schedule of 8 hours*
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree on Biology, Biosciences, Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering (Environmental/Health/Safety), Medical Science, Nursing, Pharmacy/Pharmacology.
- Preferably Trainee specializing in Healthcare - Nurse/Medical Support and Assistant or equivalent.
- Required skill(s): MS Office.
- Required language(s): English.
- Location: Makati City, NCR.
- Contract position(s) are available.
- Number of vacancies: 2.
Being a member of the IOM team requires the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity. As an international organization with a global mandate, IOM also aims to maintain an equitable geographical balance among its staff. As such, its recruitment efforts target, but are not necessarily limited to, nationals of its Member States. IOM is an equal opportunity employer and seeks committed professionals with a wide variety of skills in the field of migration. IOM staff work in multi-cultural environments, in which diversity and cultural sensitivity are valued.