Intern (Investigations)Submit ResuméLink
The Office of the Inspector General (OIG), inter alia, undertakes investigations into alleged violations of IOM’s regulations, rules and relevant administrative instructions, such as but not limited to, fraud, theft and embezzlement, corruption, sexual exploitation and sexual abuse, abuse of privileges and immunities or of authority, workplace harassment, bullying, whistle-blower retaliation or other acts or omissions in conflict with the general obligations of IOM personnel. OIG is seeking applicants with a legal or investigation background and strong English drafting skills. The position may require international travel on an ad hoc basis to support field investigations.
Under the overall supervision of the Inspector General, the Intern will work under the guidance and supervision of the Senior Investigator based in Manila.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Provide support to OIG Investigations.
- More particularly:
- Support management of OIG’s allegations and complaints database;
- Support management of the receipt of allegations and complaints;
- Conduct assessments of allegations and complaints; and
- Draft preliminary assessments and closure notes for allegations and complaints;
- Conduct investigations of allegations and complaints including witness interviews, open source research, review and analysis of electronic evidence;
- Draft case assignment forms, investigation plans, temporary duty plans, witness statements, closure notes and other documents as required.
- Support investigators on temporary duty with requests for assistance while the intern is based in Manila.
- Travel on an ad hoc basis to support investigation temporary duty at field locations.
- Advanced degree in Law, Human Resources, Criminology, Accounting or a related field from and accredited academic institution; or
- University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Capability to draft reports, plans and other types of documents in English;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team of colleagues of varied cultural and professional backgrounds;
- Practical experience in multi-tasking, prioritizing and working independently;
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
For this position, fluency in English is required.
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link. https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
How to apply:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience or a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please visit https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/vacancy/MAC/iom-personal-history-form1.xlsx
Interested applicants may send their applications to email@example.com no later than 17 October 2019. Intern and Position Title (Intern – Investigations) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
- Candidate must possess at least a Post Graduate Diploma / Master's Degree on Accounting, Human Resource Management, Law.
- Preferably Fresh Grad / Entry Level specializing in Law/Legal Services or equivalent.
- Location: Makati City, NCR.
- Contract position(s) are available.
- Number of vacancies: 1.
Being a member of the IOM team requires the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity. As an international organization with a global mandate, IOM also aims to maintain an equitable geographical balance among its staff. As such, its recruitment efforts target, but are not necessarily limited to, nationals of its Member States. IOM is an equal opportunity employer and seeks committed professionals with a wide variety of skills in the field of migration. IOM staff work in multi-cultural environments, in which diversity and cultural sensitivity are valued.