Quality Control AssistantSubmit ResuméLink
Position Title : Quality Control Assistant
Duty Station : Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Classification : General Service/ G-5
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : November 24, 2019
Salary: PHP 590,623 per annum net of taxes
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Head, Global Procurement and Supply Unit, the direct supervision of the Global Quality Control Officer and in coordination with relevant staff and department, the successful candidate will assist in Quality Control processes and activities for the prepositioned stocks and Non-Food Items (NFI).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Registers samples received against bids for technical evaluation. Assist the Global QC officer in sample evaluation and inspection arrangements.
- Monitor contract agreements and the performance of third-party quality inspections and provide support in Post-delivery inspection arrangements.
- Review and draft quality reports and update internal QC/QA system reporting.
- Assist in maintenance of test records and reports. These reports to include – weekly/monthly reporting (instrumentation and control devices, KPI on Quality, rejected shipment, corrective action plans and reports on bid sample evaluation work).
- Keep the relevant units such as Warehouse, Procurement and Logistics informed about the status of rejected goods and consignments that require follow up or replacement or requires penalty application.
- Maintain a detailed inventory and control for reference and QC sample items received to facilitate the traceability and assist in disposing them after expiration of contracts / Long Term Agreements.
- Monitor quality feedbacks and liaise with Monitoring and Evaluations Units and other concerned departments for continuous development / improvement of IOM goods and services.
- Assist in the development and updating of operating procedures and other necessary guidance material related to Quality Management.
- Contribute to maintain and upkeep the IOM Quality Control Centre/laboratory.
- Perform any other duty relevant for the functions associated with this post.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Engineering and related fields with three years of relevant professional experience; Certification in quality control standard and processes or experience in a technical or production facility an advantage.
- Completed High Scholl degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in managing diverse quality control issues;
- Experience in increasing staff knowledge and their capacity on the quality control importance.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish an advantage.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: pproduces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by24 November 2019at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
APPLY HERE: https://bit.ly/2rshE6R
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
Please use Google Chrome in accessing our PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system to submit your application
- At least 3 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Junior Associate (1-4 yrs experience) specializing in Engineering - Industrial or equivalent.
- Salary between PHP 590.00 and PHP 590.00
- Location: Makati City, NCR.
- Contract, Full Time position(s) are available.
- Number of vacancies: 1.
Being a member of the IOM team requires the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity. As an international organization with a global mandate, IOM also aims to maintain an equitable geographical balance among its staff. As such, its recruitment efforts target, but are not necessarily limited to, nationals of its Member States. IOM is an equal opportunity employer and seeks committed professionals with a wide variety of skills in the field of migration. IOM staff work in multi-cultural environments, in which diversity and cultural sensitivity are valued.