National Radiologic Technology Officer (Teleradiology)Submit ResuméLink
Position Title : National Radiologic Technology Officer (Teleradiology)
Duty Station : Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Classification : National Officer/ NO-B
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : November 27, 2019
Salary: PHP 1,440,942 per annum net of taxes
IOM performs more than 300,000 X-rays a year as part of health assessment. Chest radiography is one of main components of health assessment programmes for migrants and is the main criteria for further laboratory examinations for diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis. The IOM Global Teleradiology and Quality Control Centre, based in Manila, Philippines, was established in June 2012 to meet the increasing expectations and requests from major government partners in relation to IOM radiological service in IOM HAPs. The Centre, which has expanded steadily in the years, works on two major categories of work, Global radiology support and Teleradiology programs aiming to standardize IOM radiological procedures and optimize the quality of Radiology service in HAP field operations.
Under the direct supervision of the International Radiologist and overall supervision of the Global Radiology Coordinator, based at the IOM Global Teleradiology QC Center, Manila (Global) Administrative Center, Manila, Philippines, the successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring, guiding, coordination, training, QC/QA measures, preparing guideline and training material, and organizing global technical support, audit visits, assessment and feedback for ensuring the quality of service of the IOM radiography units in the field missions including the radiographic techniques and image quality, radiation protection, X-ray equipment purchases and maintenance, and the overall radiographic standards.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s degree in Public Health, Administration, Management or related fields and University degree in the Radiologic Technology from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in Management and coordination, especially of radiography units, with demonstrated ability to supervise staff, good planning and organizational skills;
• Effective resource management skills, including good knowledge of financial administration;
• Experience in conducing training/teaching, preparing guidelines, and training material;
• Experience in Quality control and assessment of radiographic units;
• Knowledge and skill in using digital radiography systems, PACS, and teleradiology system;
• Experience and knowledge on the radiographic techniques, radiation protection and radiographic standards, with demonstrated ability to take good quality chest radiography, especially pediatric chest radiography;
• Good writing, communication and negotiation skills, including demonstrated ability to establish working relationships with government authorities, other national/international partners;
• Experience and skill in research, data management and analysis and statistical reporting;
• Good computer skills with good knowledge of MS Office; and,
• Experience in international positions at Global and Regional levels.
How to apply:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience or a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please visit https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/vacancy/MAC/iom-personal-history-form1.xlsx
For more information, please refer to:
Interested applicants may send their applications to email@example.com no later than 27 November 2019. VN Number and Position Title (VN 047/2019 – National Radiologic Technology Officer (Teleradiology)) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
- Preferably Supervisor / Senior Associate (5 yrs and up experience) specializing in Healthcare - Doctor/Diagnosis or equivalent.
- Salary between PHP 120,070.00 and PHP 120,078.00
- Location: Makati City, NCR.
- Contract, Full Time position(s) are available.
Being a member of the IOM team requires the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity. As an international organization with a global mandate, IOM also aims to maintain an equitable geographical balance among its staff. As such, its recruitment efforts target, but are not necessarily limited to, nationals of its Member States. IOM is an equal opportunity employer and seeks committed professionals with a wide variety of skills in the field of migration. IOM staff work in multi-cultural environments, in which diversity and cultural sensitivity are valued.