- At least 5 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree on Business Studies/Administration/Management.
- Preferably Supervisor / Senior Associate (5 yrs and up experience) specializing in Corporate Strategy/Top Management or equivalent.
Position Title : Sr. Common Services Assistant (Administrative and Government Coordination)
Duty Station : Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Classification : General Service/ G-7
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : November 28, 2019
Salary : PHP 808,512 per annum net of taxes
Under the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer (RMO) and the overall supervision of the Director of Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC), the selected candidate will be responsible for liaising with relevant government and other counterparts on the issues related to common services, and the day-to-day management of the IOM leased office premises.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Public Administration, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High School degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in administration, finance, human resources management or related field is required, of which preferably two years in the United Nations Common System;
- Experience in project management and client relations is desirable;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Client orientation with constructive approach to resolution of problems and dedication to providing timely support;
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure;
- Ability to multi-task, handling a complex workload involving concurrent deadlines;
- Experience supervising administrative staff and coordinating activities.
How to apply:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience or a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please visit https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/vacancy/MAC/iom-personal-history-form1.xlsx
For more information, please refer to:
Interested applicants may send their applications to email@example.com no later than 28 November 2019. VN Number and Position Title (VN 084/2019 – Sr. Common Services Assistant) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
- Salary between PHP 67,375.00 and PHP 67,376.00
- Location: Makati City, NCR.
- Full Time position(s) are available.
- Number of vacancies: 1.
International Organization for Migration (IOM) - the UN Migration Agency
Established in 1951, as the global lead agency on migration, IOM works with its partners in the international community to assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration, advance understanding of migration issues, encourage social and economic development through migration, and uphold the well-being and human rights of migrants.
IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works in the four broad areas of migration management: migration and development, facilitating migration, regulating migration, and addressing forced migration. Cross-cutting activities include the promotion of international migration law, policy debate and guidance, protection of migrants’ rights, migration health and the gender dimension of migration.
IOM works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
The IOM Constitution gives explicit recognition to the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement of persons.
With 169 Member States (as of 2018), additional 8 States holding observer status and over 400 Field locations, IOM continues to grow. IOM counts more than 11,000 staff, with more than 97 percent of staff members based in the Field, with international-to-national staff ratio of 1:9.
IOM's structure is highly decentralized, with IOM Headquarters located in Geneva, Switzerland and this has enabled the Organization to acquire the capacity to deliver an ever -increasing number and diversity of projects and programmes. This global decentralized structure enables IOM to respond quickly and with flexibility to an ever changing migration environment.
In 2003, the Global Administrative Centre was established in Manila (now known as the Manila Administrative Centre or MAC), and provides global support in the areas of finance, human resources management, information technology, staff security, project tracking, and health claims processing, among others.