National Digital Communications OfficerSubmit ResuméLink
Position Title : National Digital Communications Officer
Duty Station : Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Classification : National Officer/NO-C
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : December 04, 2019
Salary : PHP 1,974,078 per annum net of taxes
The Online Communications Unit based in the Manila (Global) Administrative Centre and is part of the Media and Communications Division (MCD) of IOM which manages the editorial content and IOM’s external facing online platforms, such as websites and social media channels. The unit is responsible for online communication strategies and social media campaigns and advocates globally for online communications and social media as outreach tools to engage with external audiences.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Online Communications, and in close coordination with the Community Engagement Programme Manager, the Communication Officer (Digital) (both in HQ) and relevant IOM units and missions, the National Digital Communications Officer will be responsible and accountable for the development, implementation and management of innovative online projects.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field from an accredited institution with five years relevant work experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience in large international organizations.
- Experience in the planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of complex, ideally Drupal-based, online platforms for large international organizations.
- Experience in agile product development and working in open source development.
- In-depth knowledge of the latest technological developments in information technology and information systems.
- Strong understanding and experience in GIS integrated portals and information management tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in mapping out user journey experiences and UX/UI design.
- Strong knowledge and awareness of global migration trends.
- Experience in supervising small to medium size team of web developers.
- Very good interpersonal skills, joy in developing online communication tools and a passion for using ICT in the domain of humanitarian assistance, community development and social development.
- Experience working in the UN/INGO system and familiarity with interagency contexts.
- Ability to supervise staff and coordinate administrative activities.
- Must possess a team player mentality, a strong willingness to share knowledge and train subordinates, excellent problem-solving skills and a strong focus on the latest technologies and advancements.
- Proven skills to analyse statistical information.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences.
- Strong leadership qualities.
How to apply:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience or a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please visit https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/vacancy/MAC/iom-personal-history-form1.xlsx
For more information, please refer to:
Interested applicants may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 04 December 2019. VN Number and Position Title (VN 087/2019 – National Digital Communications Officer) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
- At least 5 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree, Post Graduate Diploma / Master's Degree, Doctorate Degree on Computer Science/Information Technology.
- Preferably Supervisor / Senior Associate (5 yrs and up experience) specializing in IT/Computer - Project Management or equivalent.
- Required skill(s): Digital Communications, drupal.
- Salary between PHP 164,505.00 and PHP 164,506.00
- Location: Makati City, NCR.
- Full Time position(s) are available.
- Number of vacancies: 1.
Being a member of the IOM team requires the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity. As an international organization with a global mandate, IOM also aims to maintain an equitable geographical balance among its staff. As such, its recruitment efforts target, but are not necessarily limited to, nationals of its Member States. IOM is an equal opportunity employer and seeks committed professionals with a wide variety of skills in the field of migration. IOM staff work in multi-cultural environments, in which diversity and cultural sensitivity are valued.