Finance AssistantSubmit ResuméLink
Position Title: Finance Assistant (2 vacancies)
Duty Station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Classification: General Service/G-4
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: December 08, 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief, Financial Services and the direct supervision of the Head, PCST (PRISM Central Support Team), the successful candidate will be responsible for project activation in PRISM (IOM SAP System), master data creation and maintenance, and in providing inputs to optimize the process and the system.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Chief, Financial Services and the direct supervision of the Head, PCST, the successful candidate will be responsible for project activation in PRISM, master data creation and maintenance, and in providing inputs to optimize the process and the system.
- Project Activation and Maintenance
- Modify as instructed the data elements in Project Structure (PS), Grants Management (GM) and Funds Management (FM) before release;
- Activate projects in PRISM/SAP
- review WBS structure in Project System (PS) module;
- create within Grants Management (GM) module of grant and sponsored programs;
- create fund and funded programs within Funds Management (FM) module;
- review BNP and coordinate upload in PRISM/SAP;
- review project structure and modify as required to ensure that specific Donor reporting requirements will be achieved;
- ensure integrity of cross modular data integration (PS, FM & GM) and correct nomenclature;
- upon endorsement from authorized officials, inform relevant persons and departments.
- Master Data Creation and Maintenance
- Create new vendor records and update current vendor master records – Staff Vendors, Air –Ticket;
- Create, modify and close projects in PRISM/SAP. Upon endorsement from authorized officials, inform relevant persons and departments. Update as required the budget revisions, additional funding and other master data.
- Complete upload of PRISM Financial data, mapping file, staff vendors as required.
- Provide inputs for the development of Standard Procedures for Vendor Master Data.
- Perform other administrative, system and accounting functions as may be required.
- Perform other related functions that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High School Degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in the field of Accounting, Finance or Information Systems;
- Knowledge of accounting systems particularly SAP and the generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls;
- Computer literacy including proficiency in MS Office applications.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish an advantage.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: pproduces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 08 December 2019at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
For more information, visit: https://philippines.iom.int/vacancies/finance-assistant
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
Please use Google Chrome in accessing our PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system to submit your application.
- Preferably Junior Associate (1-4 yrs experience) specializing in Finance - General/Cost Accounting or equivalent.
- Location: Makati City, NCR.
- Contract, Full Time position(s) are available.
- Number of vacancies: 1.
Being a member of the IOM team requires the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity. As an international organization with a global mandate, IOM also aims to maintain an equitable geographical balance among its staff. As such, its recruitment efforts target, but are not necessarily limited to, nationals of its Member States. IOM is an equal opportunity employer and seeks committed professionals with a wide variety of skills in the field of migration. IOM staff work in multi-cultural environments, in which diversity and cultural sensitivity are valued.