GPSU Assistant - Medical and Health ProcurementSubmit ResuméLink
Position Title: GPSU Assistant - Medical and Health Procurement (Reliever Post)
Duty Station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre, Philippines
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term, five months
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 21 January 2020
Under the overall supervision of the Head, Global Procurement and Supply Unit and in coordination with the USRAP Medical Advisor, GPSU Assistant will provide support to Missions worldwide including the Manila Administrative Centre (MAC) by providing assistance in the procurement of medical supplies and equipment for Medical Health Department(MHD) Operations worldwide.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Pharmacy, Healthcare or any related Supply Chain or Business Administration Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience;
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with six years of relevant professional experience.
- Relevant experience (i.e. assignments related to medical procurement in Hospital or Major Medical Institution).
- Experience in any UN system or any multicultural organization is asset.
- Proficiency in SAP, MS Office applications such as Word and Excel; knowledge of other applications such as, PowerPoint and Visio will be helpful.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under time constraints; accurate and detail-oriented.
- Team player; ability to work effectively with different levels within and outside the organization and with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills; thorough knowledge of English; Knowledge of French and Spanish will be a distinct advantage.
How to apply:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience or a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please visit https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/vacancy/MAC/iom-personal-history-form1.xlsx
For further details, please visit: https://philippines.iom.int/vacancies/gpsu-assistant-medical-and-health-procurement
For interested applicants you may send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 21 January 2020. DR and Position Title (DR - GPSU Assistant - Medical and Health Procurement) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
- At least 4 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Candidate must possess at least a High School Diploma, Bachelor's/College Degree on Biosciences, Business Studies/Administration/Management, Medical Science, Pharmacy/Pharmacology.
- Preferably Junior Associate (1-4 yrs experience) specializing in Purchasing/Inventory/Material and Warehouse Management or equivalent.
- Salary between PHP 55,999.00 and PHP 56,000.00
- Location: Makati City, NCR.
- Full Time position(s) are available.
- Number of vacancies: 1.
Being a member of the IOM team requires the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity. As an international organization with a global mandate, IOM also aims to maintain an equitable geographical balance among its staff. As such, its recruitment efforts target, but are not necessarily limited to, nationals of its Member States. IOM is an equal opportunity employer and seeks committed professionals with a wide variety of skills in the field of migration. IOM staff work in multi-cultural environments, in which diversity and cultural sensitivity are valued.