Communications Centre OperatorSubmit ResuméLink
Position Title: Communications Centre Operator
Duty Station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre, Philippines
Classification: General Service/G-3
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: January 23, 2020
Under the overall supervision of the Security Officer in Charge of the OSS Operations Centre, Manila and the direct supervision of the Security Operations Centre Coordination Officer, the successful candidate will assist in providing effective support in the 24/7 operations of the MAC OSS Global Operations Centre. The duties will range from assisting in maintaining a 24/7 global communications centre to field emergency calls from missions. He or she is tasked to immediately report 'breaking news' security related incidents to the Officer in Charge of the OSS Operations Centre Manila and communicate relevant information through the proper channels to all Operation Centre team members.
Likewise, he or she will also perform administrative functions of the Operations Centre, including but not limited to updating operational information boards, maps, assisting with TRIP inquiries, provision of staff ID cards and assist in maintaining the global IOM security contact staff list.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Communication Arts, Development Studies, Behavioural Sciences, International Studies, Security Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with one year of relevant experience; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience on practical safety security specifically in safety security research, reports and advisory;
- Knowledgeable in ID Assist, C-CURE System, Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), Google Earth Pro and Adobe Photo Editing software and Staff Emergency Advisory System (SEAS) would be an asset;
- Previous experience in an international organization an advantage;
- Willing to extend working hours;
- Able to maintain confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work.
How to apply:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience or a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please visit https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/vacancy/MAC/iom-personal-history-form1.xlsx
For further details, you may visit: https://philippines.iom.int/vacancies/communications-centre-operator
Interested applicants may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 23 January 2020. VN Number and Position Title (VN 006/2020 – Communications Centre Operator) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
- At least 1 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Junior Associate (1-4 yrs experience) specializing in BPO/Call Center or equivalent.
- Salary between PHP 35,050.00 and PHP 35,051.00
- Location: Makati City, NCR.
- Full Time position(s) are available.
Being a member of the IOM team requires the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity. As an international organization with a global mandate, IOM also aims to maintain an equitable geographical balance among its staff. As such, its recruitment efforts target, but are not necessarily limited to, nationals of its Member States. IOM is an equal opportunity employer and seeks committed professionals with a wide variety of skills in the field of migration. IOM staff work in multi-cultural environments, in which diversity and cultural sensitivity are valued.