Position Title: Accountant
Duty Station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre, Philippines
Classification: General Service/G-4
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: January 23, 2020
Under the general supervision of the National Central Accounting Officer and the direct supervision of the Claims Processing Supervisor, the successful candidate will be mainly responsible for the Final Review of Travel Claims.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in in Finance, Accounting or any related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience in the field of accounting, budgeting or finance; preferably a Certified Public Accountant; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Certified Public Accountant is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of accounting systems and/or SAP plus generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls;
- Computer literacy including proficiency in MS Office applications;
- Audit experience an advantage;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
How to apply:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience or a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please visit https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/vacancy/MAC/iom-personal-history-form1.xlsx
For further details, you may visit: https://philippines.iom.int/vacancies/accountant
Interested applicants may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 23 January 2020. VN Number and Position Title (VN 007/2020 – Accountant) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
- At least 2 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Junior Associate (1-4 yrs experience) specializing in Finance - General/Cost Accounting or equivalent.
- Location: Makati City, NCR.
- Full Time position(s) are available.
Being a member of the IOM team requires the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity. As an international organization with a global mandate, IOM also aims to maintain an equitable geographical balance among its staff. As such, its recruitment efforts target, but are not necessarily limited to, nationals of its Member States. IOM is an equal opportunity employer and seeks committed professionals with a wide variety of skills in the field of migration. IOM staff work in multi-cultural environments, in which diversity and cultural sensitivity are valued.