- At least 2 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Junior Associate (1-4 yrs experience) specializing in Finance - General/Cost Accounting or equivalent.
Position Title: Accountant
Duty Station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre, Philippines
Classification: General Service/G-4
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: January 23, 2020
Under the general supervision of the National Central Accounting Officer and the direct supervision of the Claims Processing Supervisor, the successful candidate will be mainly responsible for the Final Review of Travel Claims.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in in Finance, Accounting or any related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience in the field of accounting, budgeting or finance; preferably a Certified Public Accountant; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Certified Public Accountant is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of accounting systems and/or SAP plus generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls;
- Computer literacy including proficiency in MS Office applications;
- Audit experience an advantage;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
How to apply:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience or a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please visit https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/vacancy/MAC/iom-personal-history-form1.xlsx
For further details, you may visit: https://philippines.iom.int/vacancies/accountant
Interested applicants may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 23 January 2020. VN Number and Position Title (VN 007/2020 – Accountant) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
- Location: Makati City, NCR.
- Full Time position(s) are available.
International Organization for Migration (IOM) - the UN Migration Agency
Established in 1951, as the global lead agency on migration, IOM works with its partners in the international community to assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration, advance understanding of migration issues, encourage social and economic development through migration, and uphold the well-being and human rights of migrants.
IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works in the four broad areas of migration management: migration and development, facilitating migration, regulating migration, and addressing forced migration. Cross-cutting activities include the promotion of international migration law, policy debate and guidance, protection of migrants’ rights, migration health and the gender dimension of migration.
IOM works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
The IOM Constitution gives explicit recognition to the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement of persons.
With 169 Member States (as of 2018), additional 8 States holding observer status and over 400 Field locations, IOM continues to grow. IOM counts more than 11,000 staff, with more than 97 percent of staff members based in the Field, with international-to-national staff ratio of 1:9.
IOM's structure is highly decentralized, with IOM Headquarters located in Geneva, Switzerland and this has enabled the Organization to acquire the capacity to deliver an ever -increasing number and diversity of projects and programmes. This global decentralized structure enables IOM to respond quickly and with flexibility to an ever changing migration environment.
In 2003, the Global Administrative Centre was established in Manila (now known as the Manila Administrative Centre or MAC), and provides global support in the areas of finance, human resources management, information technology, staff security, project tracking, and health claims processing, among others.