- Preferably Fresh Grad / Entry Level specializing in Finance - Audit/Taxation or equivalent.
The role of a GDS Audit Staff is to carry out routine substantive and controls-based procedures from the GDS
offices supporting the various Global client serving assurance teams mostly based in the Asia Pacific and
Americas. Key expectations for this role are to provide high quality results to the engagement teams, often
to a tight deadline.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Be responsible for delivering highest quality on every task assigned in line with EY Global review
methodology and the expectations of Global engagement teams.
• Demonstrate basic understanding of an industry or sector and be aware of technical issues or assurance
• Execute & document specific review procedures as defined by the engagement teams.
• Build knowledge about risk management which includes understanding significant business processes,
regulation applicable to the client, other risks specific to a client’s business.
• Timely identification of accounting issues, clearly documenting the facts and findings, and discuss with
GDS senior/Assistant Manager.
• Work with the GDS senior and global team members to set goals and responsibilities.
• Interact with the global engagement team on a regular basis and develop productive working relationship with them.
• Contribute ideas for improvement by comparing efficiency of review procedures performed across
• Contributes to a positive team environment by demonstrating consistent commitment and optimism
towards work challenges.
• Promote EY’s ethical and professional standards, including data confidentiality.
• Develop knowledge of use of EY technology and tools to continually learn, share knowledge with team
members, and enhance service delivery.
• Preferred: Qualified accountant (CPA)
• 0 to 1 year of relevant experience as an auditor
• Basic understanding of accounting and assurance concepts.
• Strong interpersonal and good written & oral communication skills.
• Proficient with MS office and Outlook.
• Robust logical and reasoning skills.
• Interest in business and commerciality.
• Team player, with the ability to multi-task, flexible and can work under pressure.
• Commitment to continuous learning and proactively implement onto new processes
- Location: Taguig City, NCR.
- Full Time position(s) are available.
- Number of vacancies: 1.
Today, the GDS team is 29,500 strong across five countries and plays an important role in EY’s growth strategy by providing efficient and effective support to our service lines and enablement functions. GDS is a vibrant organization that is constantly growing and expanding its base, services and competencies.
With our clear vision for the future and commitment to developing outstanding leaders, EY is the place to grow your career. You will feel at home from the start, and will receive the training, support and guidance you need to do great work with exciting clients.
Along the way, you will meet people and gain important knowledge and insights that will stay with you throughout your career. In fact, whenever you join us — and however long you choose to stay — you will have valuable experiences that will last a lifetime.
What can I do here?
GDS Philippines is part of a worldwide network of service delivery centers from which our Client Service and Enablement Services teams operate.
GDS Philippines employs professionals at our center located in Manila. The functions and service lines currently being supported from our center include Advisory, Assurance, Knowledge, Creative Agency Services and IT Services. We provide high quality and value-added support to our customers who are EY member firms, working to agreed principles of exceptional client service.
- Advisory services include internal audit, compliance, reporting and analytics services. When you work with Advisory, you will be exposed to both international projects and local client work in the domestic market.
- Assurance supports the EY member firms to help their clients meet regulatory demands around the world. You will work with a team of professionals providing assurance support to EY member firms.
- Knowledge is a team of professionals working to help practitioners understand their clients’ business environments, win work and deepen relationships. You will help in enabling services, tools, insights and content so our teams can provide high-quality service.
- Creative Agency Services provides exciting career opportunities in translation services, content development for web-based learning and instructor-led training programs, as well as operations and administrative services. As part of our design team, you will provide graphic design and interactive media development.
- IT Services provide IT support and services to our internal customers internal support functions and EY wide projects and programs. You will help to maintain and enhance our IT infrastructure, as part of a team that provides help-desk, network and data center services to employees, along with workstation support, telecommunications and IT products.
- Talent Services delivers consistent, high quality and operationally efficient HR administration and support services, which include recruitment support, onboarding, workforce administration, learning administration, performance management system support and reporting. As a member of Talent Services, you will provide a wide range of HR support services. These services are supported by standardized, global processes enabling the customers’ HR and L&D teams, and the client-serving teams in EMEIA, to focus more on the business’s strategic agenda.
- Risk Management Services (RMS) provides support to client-serving professionals across EY. It extends services for personal and professional Independence, client and engagement conflict, service line quality, and end-to-end assistance with client and engagement setup. With its team of lawyers, RMS also offers contract management, SCORE and corporate secretarial support. RMS has a diverse user base, including Global and Regional Risk Management and Service Lines Quality teams.
- In this area, you will provide operations support to our Client Service and Enablement Services teams, and support the communication needs of the EY network. You will analyze and report on local and EY wide business development, and work on project management and business continuity planning.