- At least 2 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Junior Associate (1-4 yrs experience) specializing in Finance - Audit/Taxation or equivalent.
As a GDS Assurance Senior, you would be the main point of contact from GDS for the tasks assigned by the global client serving assurance teams and be responsible for the timeliness and quality of deliverables along with managing day to day operations of those engagements. The role requires the individual to possess technical knowledge, including ability to interpret reviews and accounting standards and strong project management skills along with excellent communication and leadership skills. GDS seniors would have associate level personnel to work with at GDS and get the tasks executed from them along with performing a review as a senior, which is defined by the Global client serving assurance teams. The role will provide a blended experience of EY’s domestic and multinational clients who would get an exposure to various reviewing & Accounting standards.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Lead an engagement from the GDS front and ensure the team delivers timely and high-quality work, as per EY GAM and in line with the Global team expectations
- Demonstrate strong understanding of GAM while performing reviews of procedures performed by GDS staff, along with knowledge of EY tools to make reviews more efficient and meaningful.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key EY Global counterparts like Assurance executives based out of Americas or Europe.
- Develop an understanding of EY Quality and Risk Management procedures, and ensure these are embedded in to the engagement team’s work.
- Proactively discuss work flow management with the assurance teams, allocating resources to the assigned work and monitoring performance against standards. Monitor utilization for one’s team, budget to actuals, and other operational matters.
- Demonstrate professionalism, competence and clarity of communication when dealing with GDS and Global teams.
- Establish expectations of value to be delivered to the respective GDS Global teams aligned.
- Identify opportunities to improve the scope of work for GDS on one’s own engagements.
- Standardize review processes along with leveraging best practices across one’s aligned engagements or beyond.
- Motivate and lead one’s GDS team members, identify and foster key talents, coach and supervise team members
- Be responsible for various operational matters related to engagements aligned.
- Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback/training. Lead by example.
Competencies / Skills:
- Knowledge of Indian accounting and assurance standards and International review standards is an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective interpersonal, risk management, facilitation and presentation skills
- Project management, leadership, coaching, counselling and supervisory skills
- Ability to spread positive work culture, teaming and live EY values
- The ability to quickly form strong working relationship with colleagues in India and global teams.
- Must be a graduate of BS Accountancy.
- Open for CPA / Non-CPA.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in accounting/audit function.
- Familiarity with accounting principles and auditing standards is
- Strong knowledge of PFRS/IFRS, PSA and Taxation.
- Location: Taguig City, NCR.
- Full Time position(s) are available.
- Number of vacancies: 1.
Today, the GDS team is 29,500 strong across five countries and plays an important role in EY’s growth strategy by providing efficient and effective support to our service lines and enablement functions. GDS is a vibrant organization that is constantly growing and expanding its base, services and competencies.
With our clear vision for the future and commitment to developing outstanding leaders, EY is the place to grow your career. You will feel at home from the start, and will receive the training, support and guidance you need to do great work with exciting clients.
Along the way, you will meet people and gain important knowledge and insights that will stay with you throughout your career. In fact, whenever you join us — and however long you choose to stay — you will have valuable experiences that will last a lifetime.
What can I do here?
GDS Philippines is part of a worldwide network of service delivery centers from which our Client Service and Enablement Services teams operate.
GDS Philippines employs professionals at our center located in Manila. The functions and service lines currently being supported from our center include Advisory, Assurance, Knowledge, Creative Agency Services and IT Services. We provide high quality and value-added support to our customers who are EY member firms, working to agreed principles of exceptional client service.
- Advisory services include internal audit, compliance, reporting and analytics services. When you work with Advisory, you will be exposed to both international projects and local client work in the domestic market.
- Assurance supports the EY member firms to help their clients meet regulatory demands around the world. You will work with a team of professionals providing assurance support to EY member firms.
- Knowledge is a team of professionals working to help practitioners understand their clients’ business environments, win work and deepen relationships. You will help in enabling services, tools, insights and content so our teams can provide high-quality service.
- Creative Agency Services provides exciting career opportunities in translation services, content development for web-based learning and instructor-led training programs, as well as operations and administrative services. As part of our design team, you will provide graphic design and interactive media development.
- IT Services provide IT support and services to our internal customers internal support functions and EY wide projects and programs. You will help to maintain and enhance our IT infrastructure, as part of a team that provides help-desk, network and data center services to employees, along with workstation support, telecommunications and IT products.
- Talent Services delivers consistent, high quality and operationally efficient HR administration and support services, which include recruitment support, onboarding, workforce administration, learning administration, performance management system support and reporting. As a member of Talent Services, you will provide a wide range of HR support services. These services are supported by standardized, global processes enabling the customers’ HR and L&D teams, and the client-serving teams in EMEIA, to focus more on the business’s strategic agenda.
- Risk Management Services (RMS) provides support to client-serving professionals across EY. It extends services for personal and professional Independence, client and engagement conflict, service line quality, and end-to-end assistance with client and engagement setup. With its team of lawyers, RMS also offers contract management, SCORE and corporate secretarial support. RMS has a diverse user base, including Global and Regional Risk Management and Service Lines Quality teams.
- In this area, you will provide operations support to our Client Service and Enablement Services teams, and support the communication needs of the EY network. You will analyze and report on local and EY wide business development, and work on project management and business continuity planning.