- At least 2 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Junior Associate (1-4 yrs experience) specializing in Finance - General/Cost Accounting or equivalent.
Position Title: Accountant
Duty Station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre, Philippines
Classification: General Service/G-4
Type of Appointment: Fixed-term, one year w/ possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 08 July 2020
Salary: Php 511,035 per annum net of taxes
This position will be base in Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC), Philippines and may only be filled by the country's nationals.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Sr. Resources Management Officer (SRMO) and the direct supervision of the Head, MAC-Accounts Payable, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the accounting and finance functions of the Manila (Global) Administrative Centre which primarily involve the Liability and Expense accounts.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience, preferably in the field of accounting or finance, audit experience would be an advantage; or
- Completed High School Degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent an advantage.
- Experience in accounting and auditing;
- High level of computer literacy, especially in MS Excel application;
- Working knowledge in SAP;
- Experience in the UN system or international/multicultural environment an advantage;
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze financial information and accounting entries, examine documentation and reconcile discrepancies.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM e-Recruitment system, by 08 July 2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: https://philippines.iom.int/jobs/vacancies/vn-0372020-vn-0372020-accountant-g-4-manila-global-administrative-centre-mac-philippines
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Salary between PHP 42,585.00 and PHP 42,586.00
- Location: Makati City, NCR.
- Full Time position(s) are available.
- Number of vacancies: 1.
International Organization for Migration (IOM) - the UN Migration Agency
Established in 1951, as the global lead agency on migration, IOM works with its partners in the international community to assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration, advance understanding of migration issues, encourage social and economic development through migration, and uphold the well-being and human rights of migrants.
IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works in the four broad areas of migration management: migration and development, facilitating migration, regulating migration, and addressing forced migration. Cross-cutting activities include the promotion of international migration law, policy debate and guidance, protection of migrants’ rights, migration health and the gender dimension of migration.
IOM works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
The IOM Constitution gives explicit recognition to the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement of persons.
With 169 Member States (as of 2018), additional 8 States holding observer status and over 400 Field locations, IOM continues to grow. IOM counts more than 11,000 staff, with more than 97 percent of staff members based in the Field, with international-to-national staff ratio of 1:9.
IOM's structure is highly decentralized, with IOM Headquarters located in Geneva, Switzerland and this has enabled the Organization to acquire the capacity to deliver an ever -increasing number and diversity of projects and programmes. This global decentralized structure enables IOM to respond quickly and with flexibility to an ever changing migration environment.
In 2003, the Global Administrative Centre was established in Manila (now known as the Manila Administrative Centre or MAC), and provides global support in the areas of finance, human resources management, information technology, staff security, project tracking, and health claims processing, among others.