- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree on Nursing.
- Junior Associate (1-4 yrs experience) specializing in Healthcare - Nurse/Medical Support and Assistant or equivalent.
Healthcare isn't just changing. It's growing more complex every day. Because of this hospitals and health care organizations continue to adapt, and we are a vital part of their evolution. If you're looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Delivering quality care starts with ensuring our processes and documentation standards are being met and kept at the highest level possible. This means working behind the scenes ensuring a member-centric approach to care. As an Inpatient Medical Coder you will determine and record the correct medical codes for all treatments and health services. Ensuring proper records is just one way your work will impact the health and wellness of our members on a huge scale.
Who are we? We're Optum360, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. We're a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we'll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of revenue management services to health care providers nationwide.
- Adhere to and maintains required levels of performance in both Coding accuracy and productivity
- Identify appropriate assignment of CPT and ICD-9 Codes for Physician and facility services provided in an Observation service setting, and Inpatient setting
- Abstract additional data elements during the Chart Review process when coding, as needed
- Maintain a thorough understanding of assigned Client Coding specifics
- Perform Coding duties as appropriate according to pre-determined schedules
- Review and maintain a record of charts coded, held, and/or missing
- Provide documentation feedback to Providers, as needed, and queries physicians when appropriate
- Maintain up-to-date Coding knowledge by reviewing materials disseminated/recommended by the QM Manager, Coding Operations Managers, and Director of Coding/Quality Management, among others
- Participate in Coding department meetings and educational events
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
- Graduate of any course, preferably Nursing
- Coding credential (CPC, CIC)
- Experience in coding from paper charts as well as EMR
- Understanding of ICD-9 Coding in relation to DRGs
- MS Office experience (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Preferably with working internet connection of at least 15 mbps in case of working from home. The following options are also available:
- Corporate internet subsidy for those within available and valid serviceable locations, subject to Company Policy
- Onsite work for those who are amenable to drive or commute to our office locations
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Location: Muntinlupa City, NCR.
- Full Time position(s) are available.
- Number of vacancies: 14.
Social Media Footer
As part of UnitedHealth Group, a Fortune 6 company, Optum is a leading health services and innovation company dedicated to helping make the health system work better for everyone. With more than 115,000 people collaborating worldwide, Optum combines people, technology, data and action to improve the delivery, quality and efficiency of health care.
This work takes all of your commitment, skills, passion and energy. It’s hard to become #1 and even harder to stay in the lead. That’s why we rely on a set of fundamental principles that are guiding our way forward. Our values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation, and performance serve as a foundation to transform health care.
Are you in? Learn more about your future at Optum: workatoptum.com
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum is a drug-free workplace. © 2017 Optum Global Solutions (Philippines) Inc. All rights reserved.