- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree on Accounting.
- Fresh Grad / Entry Level specializing in Finance - Audit/Taxation or equivalent.
Our Tax department is growing and our EMEIA Tax Center is currently looking for a Tax Analyst/Advanced Tax Analyst - Indirect Tax/VAT to join us.
Your key responsibilities
As a Tax Analyst / Advanced Tax Analyst in GDS Indirect Tax Center, you will be focused on preparation of projects/services in the domain of Indirect Tax/VAT. Your main responsibilities as a Tax/Advanced Tax Analyst are:
- Prepare indirect tax returns and file (where applicable) these returns via the country specific filing tool - applicable to GDS only.
- Demonstrate an understating of basic tax concepts and proactively increases tax knowledge through client assignments and current tax developments.
- Multi - Task on various projects within the tax segment and be cross trained.
- Proposing improvement possibilities to raise effectiveness and efficiency of the work processes.
- Develop and deliver quality and timely services and work products efficiently.
- Comply with Ernst & Young compliance procedure.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Graduate of a 4-year course preferably in Commerce, Business, Accounting
- 0 – 2 years of experience, preferably in an Accounting/Tax field.
- Dynamic, innovative & problem resolution focus with good communication skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Demonstrate good computer knowledge - in MS Excel and a basic knowledge of other MS Office, Web-based applications.
- Basic knowledge about functioning/usage of ERP-systems.
- Individual showing great interest in working with multi-country clients.
- Individual being capable of working Independently.
- Team player - driving the team towards progression.
- Location: Taguig City, NCR.
- Full Time position(s) are available.
- Number of vacancies: 4.
Today, the GDS team is 29,500 strong across five countries and plays an important role in EY’s growth strategy by providing efficient and effective support to our service lines and enablement functions. GDS is a vibrant organization that is constantly growing and expanding its base, services and competencies.
With our clear vision for the future and commitment to developing outstanding leaders, EY is the place to grow your career. You will feel at home from the start, and will receive the training, support and guidance you need to do great work with exciting clients.
Along the way, you will meet people and gain important knowledge and insights that will stay with you throughout your career. In fact, whenever you join us — and however long you choose to stay — you will have valuable experiences that will last a lifetime.
What can I do here?
GDS Philippines is part of a worldwide network of service delivery centers from which our Client Service and Enablement Services teams operate.
GDS Philippines employs professionals at our center located in Manila. The functions and service lines currently being supported from our center include Advisory, Assurance, Knowledge, Creative Agency Services and IT Services. We provide high quality and value-added support to our customers who are EY member firms, working to agreed principles of exceptional client service.
- Advisory services include internal audit, compliance, reporting and analytics services. When you work with Advisory, you will be exposed to both international projects and local client work in the domestic market.
- Assurance supports the EY member firms to help their clients meet regulatory demands around the world. You will work with a team of professionals providing assurance support to EY member firms.
- Knowledge is a team of professionals working to help practitioners understand their clients’ business environments, win work and deepen relationships. You will help in enabling services, tools, insights and content so our teams can provide high-quality service.
- Creative Agency Services provides exciting career opportunities in translation services, content development for web-based learning and instructor-led training programs, as well as operations and administrative services. As part of our design team, you will provide graphic design and interactive media development.
- IT Services provide IT support and services to our internal customers internal support functions and EY wide projects and programs. You will help to maintain and enhance our IT infrastructure, as part of a team that provides help-desk, network and data center services to employees, along with workstation support, telecommunications and IT products.
- Talent Services delivers consistent, high quality and operationally efficient HR administration and support services, which include recruitment support, onboarding, workforce administration, learning administration, performance management system support and reporting. As a member of Talent Services, you will provide a wide range of HR support services. These services are supported by standardized, global processes enabling the customers’ HR and L&D teams, and the client-serving teams in EMEIA, to focus more on the business’s strategic agenda.
- Risk Management Services (RMS) provides support to client-serving professionals across EY. It extends services for personal and professional Independence, client and engagement conflict, service line quality, and end-to-end assistance with client and engagement setup. With its team of lawyers, RMS also offers contract management, SCORE and corporate secretarial support. RMS has a diverse user base, including Global and Regional Risk Management and Service Lines Quality teams.
- In this area, you will provide operations support to our Client Service and Enablement Services teams, and support the communication needs of the EY network. You will analyze and report on local and EY wide business development, and work on project management and business continuity planning.