- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree on Biosciences, Business Studies/Administration/Management, Chemistry, Economics, Engineering (Aviation/Aeronautics/Astronautics), Engineering (Bioengineering/Biomedical), Engineering (Chemical), Engineering (Civil), Engineering (Electrical), Engineering (Electronic and Communication), Engineering (Environmental/Health/Safety), Engineering (Industrial), Engineering (Material Science), Engineering (Mechanical), Engineering (Mechatronic/Electromechanical), Engineering (Metal Fabrication/Tool and Die/Welding), Engineering (Others).
- Fresh Grad / Entry Level specializing in Quality Control/Assurance or equivalent.
Ernst & Young (“EY”) helps clients operate more effectively in moving goods around the world.
EY established a Global Trade team to help clients manage export and import classifications, assist with Free Trade Agreements (“FTA”) solicitation and qualification analysis, identify other government agencies (“OGA”) requirements, and review client transactions.
The Global Trade team consists of a dedicated team of trained individuals responsible for analyzing the technical characteristics of products and assigning proper export and import classifications, conducting analysis if products qualify for FTAs, identifying OGA requirements and screening client’s transactions against different lists of sanctioned parties.
Your client responsibilities
Global Trade team members are responsible for reviewing the technical properties of a good, assigning the proper import classification based upon the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (“HTS”), and assigning export classification numbers (“ECN”) for goods, using appropriate software tools and via collaboration with local EY Global Trade resources.
The role of the Classification Global Trade Staff includes the following:
- Monitor and manage a workload of classification assignments sent from the clients
- Execute key processes and documentation to effectively and timely manage classifications
- Communicate with clients regarding the products, information needed, and classification status
- Provide insight, connectedness and responsiveness to client points of contact while demonstrating a good understanding of their products
- Make informed decisions in complex and indefinite areas
Your people responsibilities
Our team is dedicated to providing excellent client service and quality deliverables with fast turn-around time.
Technical skills requirements
Global Trade Staff team members should have the following educational or technical experience:
- An undergraduate degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, electronic engineering, international trade, international business or a related field (*preferred); and/or
- Relevant experience working in the electronic/electrical (in capacities where understanding the technical aspects of the products is essential and commodity expertise exists) and/or
- Relevant experience working in biotechnology, medical technology and/or pharmaceutical industries (in capacities where understanding the technical aspects of the products is essential, commodity expertise exists) and/or
- Relevant experience working in technology, consumer products, automotive industries (in capacities where understanding the technical aspects of the products is essential, commodity expertise exists).
Additionally, experience in the following areas is desirable but not required:
- Experience determining tariff classifications in accordance with the Harmonized Tariff System, knowledge of Free Trade agreements rules
- Export Control classification knowledge
- Proficiency with MS Windows, word processing, database and spreadsheet software;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong written/ verbal communication skills;
- Ability to analyse regulations and procedures and relate them to operations;
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in English is required
- Location: Taguig City, NCR.
- Full Time position(s) are available.
- Number of vacancies: 30.
Today, the GDS team is 29,500 strong across five countries and plays an important role in EY’s growth strategy by providing efficient and effective support to our service lines and enablement functions. GDS is a vibrant organization that is constantly growing and expanding its base, services and competencies.
With our clear vision for the future and commitment to developing outstanding leaders, EY is the place to grow your career. You will feel at home from the start, and will receive the training, support and guidance you need to do great work with exciting clients.
Along the way, you will meet people and gain important knowledge and insights that will stay with you throughout your career. In fact, whenever you join us — and however long you choose to stay — you will have valuable experiences that will last a lifetime.
What can I do here?
GDS Philippines is part of a worldwide network of service delivery centers from which our Client Service and Enablement Services teams operate.
GDS Philippines employs professionals at our center located in Manila. The functions and service lines currently being supported from our center include Advisory, Assurance, Knowledge, Creative Agency Services and IT Services. We provide high quality and value-added support to our customers who are EY member firms, working to agreed principles of exceptional client service.
- Advisory services include internal audit, compliance, reporting and analytics services. When you work with Advisory, you will be exposed to both international projects and local client work in the domestic market.
- Assurance supports the EY member firms to help their clients meet regulatory demands around the world. You will work with a team of professionals providing assurance support to EY member firms.
- Knowledge is a team of professionals working to help practitioners understand their clients’ business environments, win work and deepen relationships. You will help in enabling services, tools, insights and content so our teams can provide high-quality service.
- Creative Agency Services provides exciting career opportunities in translation services, content development for web-based learning and instructor-led training programs, as well as operations and administrative services. As part of our design team, you will provide graphic design and interactive media development.
- IT Services provide IT support and services to our internal customers internal support functions and EY wide projects and programs. You will help to maintain and enhance our IT infrastructure, as part of a team that provides help-desk, network and data center services to employees, along with workstation support, telecommunications and IT products.
- Talent Services delivers consistent, high quality and operationally efficient HR administration and support services, which include recruitment support, onboarding, workforce administration, learning administration, performance management system support and reporting. As a member of Talent Services, you will provide a wide range of HR support services. These services are supported by standardized, global processes enabling the customers’ HR and L&D teams, and the client-serving teams in EMEIA, to focus more on the business’s strategic agenda.
- Risk Management Services (RMS) provides support to client-serving professionals across EY. It extends services for personal and professional Independence, client and engagement conflict, service line quality, and end-to-end assistance with client and engagement setup. With its team of lawyers, RMS also offers contract management, SCORE and corporate secretarial support. RMS has a diverse user base, including Global and Regional Risk Management and Service Lines Quality teams.
- In this area, you will provide operations support to our Client Service and Enablement Services teams, and support the communication needs of the EY network. You will analyze and report on local and EY wide business development, and work on project management and business continuity planning.