- At least 8 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree, Post Graduate Diploma / Master's Degree, Professional License (Passed Board/Bar/Professional License Exam) on Engineering (Electrical), Engineering (Mechanical).
- Senior Manager / Manager specializing in Engineering - Electrical or equivalent.
The Grid Manager is responsible for managing the generation assets of the Bukidnon grid to maximize revenue from generation based on available water at reduced operating cost, minimize generation losses and maintenance costs, and therefore maintain industry-standard availability and reliability plant factors or higher.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Develops plans or strategies for improvement on the hydro power systems and reviews/checks annual budget for presentation and approval.
- Organizes work activities of the grid, ensures proper utilization of resources and monitors implementation of job orders.
- Controls grid operation costs, implements cost saving measures and encourages reduction of kilowatt-hour losses through introduction of Quality Improvement Projects and development of multi-skilled personnel.
- Reports hydro plant performance with regards production, budget commitments, kwhr losses update, and other relevant information/reports required by immediate superior.
- Assists in the formulation of company policies and procedures, safety rules and regulations, and ensure implementation of the same.
- Improves the line of communication between team leaders and team members, and between departments; lead and motivate subordinates in the accomplishment of yearly targets/goals; promote teamwork and maintain harmonious relationship among his subordinates and help in settling grievances among his team members, if any.
INVENTORY, SUPPLY AND LOGISTICS
- Ensures availability and accessibility of appropriate resources, tools, equipment, transportation and services to ensure sustained optimized operations and maintenance of the grid.
- Periodically reviews current plant spare parts inventories and recommends procurement of the same to minimize generation losses in cases of planned or corrective maintenance.
- Acts as Asset Manager and implements grids’ specific Asset Management Plan.
- Manages and maintains grids’ specific asset registry.
- Conducts the asset condition assessment.
- Manages assets in accordance to design performance & specifications including legal, environmental and safety requirements.
- Conducts asset prioritization and criticality for grid specific asset strategies through FMECA-RCM.
- Develops and implements grids’ specific asset strategies.
- Develops grids’ specific spares management system in coordination with SCM
- Conducts root-cause analysis of asset/s through RCFA and asset system/s failures or incidents; identifies lessons learned including recommendations to the Technical Teams and AM Committee.
- Prepares budgetary requirements in accordance to Finance's budgeting process.
- Develops and enhances maintenance and operations capability and qualifications in the workforce to ensure sustainability and development of the maintenance and operations functions.
- Identifies reviews and recommends training needs of staff to enhance skills, abilities, knowledge/awareness and teamwork.
- Evaluates the performance and contributions of direct reports based on targets.
- Develops and maintains emergency response and management plans to ensure risks are managed and mitigated.
- Ensures that all accidents are thoroughly investigated, the root causes determined and corrective actions taken to prevent recurrence.
- Reviews and recommends operations plans, annual budget and projections for the succeeding year based on forecast, including preparation and monitoring of CAPEX.
- Monitors monthly expenditures for Operations and Maintenance and provides variance explanations to Management as needed.
- Ensures that the principles of quality management are inculcated into the operation to drive continuous improvement in all aspects of operations and maintenance by encouraging Quality Improvement Projects from Team Leaders
- Ensures that internal audits are conducted periodically on operations and maintenance procedures including safety aspects, non-conformance reports are documented and corrective measures are implemented as necessary
COMMUNITY AND EXTERNAL RELATIONS
- Assists and participates in Community Relations Programs approved by Management to maintain and improve relationships with host community residents and local government unit officials
COMPLIANCE MONITORING TO GOVERNMENT REGULATORY
- Ensures compliance of the plants to the Grid Code, EPIRA Law, ERB, NGCP, PSALM and WESM requirements, as with ECC, EPSA and all MOA obligations
- Helps ensure that all necessary permits and licenses for an unhampered operation of the grid are secured and complied with
OTHER RELATED TASKS
- Complies with company policies and procedures, safety rules and practices.
- Evaluates performance of subordinates on a periodic basis to determine performance level and areas for improvement.
- Ensures that the division conforms to the company’s Integrated Management Systems, policies, standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures that the corresponding processes within the controllable functions are delivering their intended outputs.
- Ensures the promotion of customer focus throughout the organization.
- Ensures that the integrity of the quality management system is maintained when changes to the quality management system are planned and implemented.
- Ensures that the responsibilities and authorities related to the International standards for relevant roles are assigned, communicated and understood within the organization.
- Reports any Integrated Management System events/incidents or potential events or other risks to the
- Protects information assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference by:
a. Storing documents, forms, contracts, manuals, books and other documents to locked storage rooms/steel cabinets.
b. Maintaining confidentiality and integrity of all plant records necessary for operations and maintenance
10. Performs any other related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time by immediate superior consistent with the purpose of this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree holder in Engineering (ME/ EE/CE)
- Preferably holds Post Graduate Diploma/ Master’s Degree
- Licensed Engineer (ME/EE/CE)
- Professional: At least eight (8) years in a hydropower generation plant
- Leadership Experience: Five (5) years
- Possesses strong leadership capabilities and above-average analytical skills
- Extensive knowledge of the Philippine Grid Code and Philippine Electrical and Mechanical Code
- 1 vacant position in Manolo Fortich, Bukidnon
- Location: Bukidnon, Northern Mindanao.
- Full Time position(s) are available.
- Number of vacancies: 1.